bigstomp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigstomp

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Well the first smoking went great, I'll remember the pics next time. I brined the turkey breast as suggested and it was delicious. The ribs came out great but my brisket was a little tough. This is the second brisket I have ever cooked and I realize that there is an art to it. It was a 5 pound brisket and I cooked it for 10 1/2 hours. Any suggestions on how to make it perfect. I had used a marinade using red wine that I got of the site. The flavor was good but I wasnt impressed with the tenderness. Thanks for any suggestions, and yes I am officially addicted to smoking.

Chad

hey bigstomp, welcome to the SMF, a few more details will get u all the answers u need! pit temp, internal temp, did u foil? We'll make a pro outta you
icon_biggrin.gif

Temp stayed around 230 the whole time, I didnt use foil. The internal temp was 170 when the brisket was done. I had used a thermometer that stayed in the brisket from start to finish.

chad

Welcome aboard SMF, bigstomp. glad to have ya !! take your brisket to a higher internal temp ...190 for slicing and 195 - 200 for pullin .. wrap in foil then in towels place in a picnic cooler fo approx 2 hrs then take out and pull delicious juicy beef brisket ...yummy...don't forget to spritz with apple juice and maybe a little rum every hour or so while cookin
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
my .02 worth. !

Might put some of your marinade in your foil wrap when you wrap it. Wouldn't hurt to double wrap if adding fluid to help prevent spills when removing from smoker.

Yep like the boys said. Briskets a tough hunk-o-meat gotta smoke it high and rest it up a bit! Glad you had a good smoke Chad!

Welcome Chad. I hope you will become a regular on the forum. Smoking is all about sharing triumphs, setbacks, goods, and bads. I hope you will share your smoking adventures with us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky