Big SV Eye Round (Along with SV Prime Rib Re-heat)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Big SV Eye Round (Along with Prime Rib Re-heat)

So we finally got some Eye Rounds below $6 a pound!!!
I got two of them, at about 8 pounds each.
This one was 8.02 lbs @ $2.49 a pound.
So I bagged it along with a pack of “Lipton Mushroom/Onion Soup Dry Mix”.
I put that in my Sous Vide Supreme, set @ 132°, along with 3 small slices of frozen leftover Prime Rib, for Supper.
After 4 hours @ 132° I removed the Prime Rib slices from the SV.
We added some Mashed Taters with Butter, and some Broccoli for the first night’s Supper.
When I removed the Prime Rib from the SV, that dropped the Water Temp from 132° down to 104°, but it only took it 12 minutes to get it back up to 134.7°, and another 3 minutes to level off at 132° again.
Then the next day, at the end of 30 hours, I removed the Big Old Eye Round from the Hot Tub, and put it in a big bowl of Ice Water, and into the fridge.
Then the Next day, I cut it in half & put the Eye Round in the freezer for 3 hours.
Then onto the slicer & sliced the whole thing up for Supper & many, many Beef Sammies to come.
I made some Steak Fries in my since Semi-Retired #360 Air Fryer, and whipped up an Awesome Oversized, 3 slice Hot Roast Beef Sammy with Gravy, and Gravy on the Fries.
I’ll be posting some of these Sammies in the near future, but that’s it for now, including the Ton of Pics below.

Hope You all enjoy this one—I sure Did,

Bear

One Big Giant Beef Eye Round, of 8.02 pounds $2.49 per pound!!
IMG_6727.jpeg

Mistake says "11.02 lb"---Actually is "8.02 lb" @$2.49 per pound---Equals ----> $19.97:
IMG_6728.jpeg

Ready for My Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_6733.jpeg

Also heating up a little Leftover Prime Rib from December:
IMG_6741.jpeg

After 4 hours in the 132° Bath, I removed the Prime Rib for Supper, and left the Eye Round in the SV for tomorrow's completion:
IMG_6742.jpeg

Next day, after 30 hours @ 132°, I removed the Eye Round & dropped it in a big bowl of Ice Water to cool fast:
IMG_6740.jpeg

Next Day, I cut it in half & put it in the Freezer for 3 hours for better slicing:
IMG_6744.jpeg

Close Look at this Beautiful Tender Meat:
IMG_6745.jpeg

Starting to slice it up:
IMG_6746.jpeg

All Sliced Up:
IMG_6748.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_6749.jpeg

Had to put meat in Bags & put in Freezer for a few hours, before sealing, to keep juices away from the sealing strip:
IMG_6750.jpeg

Some Fries for My Supper:
IMG_6753.jpeg

Building My First Sammy----One slice of Bread, some Gravy, & some Meat:
IMG_6754.jpeg

Another slice of Bread, More Gravy, and More Meat:
IMG_6755.jpeg

More Gravy, a third slice of Bread, and More Meat:
IMG_6756.jpeg

Finish with Gravy on Top, and Fries with Gravy on the Fries:
IMG_6758.jpeg

Close-up of Bear's First Eye Round Supper: More Sammies coming in Near Future, from a Ton of Leftovers!!!
IMG_6759.jpeg

Dang Bear! That final plating looks absolutely mouth watering. Gravy drenched everything has me drooling! Nice deal on a chunk o beef for sure. LIKE

Love it Bear! The fries are the perfect side for a roast beef sandwich covered in gravy.

When I get a little more freezer space, I need to slice up an EOR for some roast beef to keep on hand.

Great stuff Bear! Waiting for the EOR sale here. i feel its coming soon.

Love it Bear! The fries are the perfect side for a roast beef sandwich covered in gravy.

When I get a little more freezer space, I need to slice up an EOR for some roast beef to keep on hand.

Thank You Xray!!
I was watching for many weeks, and EOR was always between $4.99 and $6.99.
Luckily I caught it @ $2.49, so I bought 2 of them----This one was 8.02 pounds, and the other one I put in my Freezer is 7.56 pounds.
I've also been watching Chuckies, but they seem to be stuck above $6 too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a little late to the party, but that looks great John. Perfectly cooked, and you can tell its tender from the pictures. Great plated shot, and love fries with gravy! Great job.

Great stuff Bear! Waiting for the EOR sale here. i feel its coming soon.

Thank You Sandy!!
Appreciate that !!
Yeah, you gotta pay attention---This Great sale only lasted 5 days---Then right back to over $6 again!!!

Bear

I'm a little late to the party, but that looks great John. Perfectly cooked, and you can tell its tender from the pictures. Great plated shot, and love fries with gravy! Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
Better Late than Never.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky