Big Reverse Flow Slow Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerb

Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
I have 550 gallons tank that is 90 inches long,44 inches wide and is at least 3/8" or 7/16" thick.  Plus I have piece of pipe that is 72 inches long and is 30 inches wide and 3/8" thick.  I would like to make a Reverse Flow Slow Smoker.  I will be making whole hogs,pork butts,Brisket,Sausage Elk, Buffalo, what ever else. I would like to have it with 2 slide out racks. I was thinking to use some of the pipe for a warmer or all of it.  The other thing would you hook them togather or use separate heat for each one.  How many stacks does a man  need.  How big of fire box do I need I would also like to insulate the smoker & fire box.  What kind of insulation would I need it is round to keep it in place.  I am thinking of using 4 or 5 thermometers will that be enough?  If is possable I would like to keep temp at 220-225 for 5 to 6 hours with out having to baby sit it every 10 to 15 minutes. Any other infornation would be help full.  I do not want to make one and it will not work the way it should. Thanks in advance for the help.  I was looking for advice and help but looks like I will not get any.

PICTURES  are posted 
a59aba3d_2010-12-472x30INCHEScylindar1.jpg
546e5d9a_2010-12-890INCHESx44INCHEStanktobesmoker1.jpg
f72de83f_2010-12-472x30INCHEScylindar.jpg

Smokerb

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there B. Now your smoker sounds really nice and there's alot of really good folks here that will be happy to help you with your build. So kick back and they will be around some enough. Then as you wait for them run on over to Roll Call and introduce yourself and your equipment and we can give you the big howdy that we like to give to new members.  

Shoneyboy  I live around Victoria Kansas. My email is [email protected] . Part farm boy & Truck Driver I still have a silage truck .If you have question email me Larry

I was hoping you were closer...I have been wanting to work on a project for a while and haven't found anyone of my friends wanting to to work on one.....can't motivate anyone to do anything.... these days.......everyone wants something but never wants to do anything to get it.....SB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky