Big Pot of Venison Bourguignon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Another one of the French Classics! With the cooler weather, I have been craving those hearty dishes. Been a while since I have made Bourguignon, and I still have plenty of venison on hand so....

IMG_20221005_182301.jpg

IMG_20221005_182309.jpg

Soooo Rich!! WOW! This is going to be awesome at the deer camp on a cold night!! Here is the recipe I loosely followed from Chef Jean-Pierre...
https://chefjeanpierre.com/recipes/beef-bourguignon-recipe/

Wow, a great looking, sink your teeth into meal!! Thanks for sharing it!
Thanks tbern! It's the wine (whole bottle) and beef stock....that's what makes this dish a flavor bomb!
I’m wanting stew, but not wanting the weather for stew, yours looks fantastic enjoy.
HA! Cold to a Coonass is 40*F!!!! LOL!!!!!! Thanks SE!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Man Keith that looks phenomenal. Bookmarked for a cold day
Thanks! Well worth the effort Jake!

Looks very, very nice! This dish is on my list to do for about 6 month already.....
Thanks! With the wine, the stock, the veggies and then a finish with butter...this is basically a demi-glace sauce with meat and veggies. I mean...How can it be bad????

I've used a crockpot recipe for Bourguignon for the last 20 years, lot of steps and kitchen time. Great wintertime dish, your looks fantastic Keith. RAY

Reactions: indaswamp
Classic for sure! Looks so hearty and it’s that time of year.

Perfect for a cool morning , in line with my big empty bowl.
Keith I can imagine the flavor

David

IDS, Pure comfort food right there !

DELISH!
I love the Bourguignon, but no one else in my clan seems to.

I've used a crockpot recipe for Bourguignon for the last 20 years, lot of steps and kitchen time. Great wintertime dish, your looks fantastic Keith. RAY

That looks like a hearty and delicious! Thanks for the link to the recipe. Will definitely give this a shot sometime

We're getting into the kind of weather for this. Gonna be trying thisrecipe out.
Gary

Love beef bourguignon and yours has me hankering. Time consuming, but a fantastic meal that I haven't made it in quite a while. I use Tyler Florence's recipe when I make it...

A loaf of good crusty bread to sop those juices and it would be even more perfect than it already is!

Jim
Thanks Fellas! This dish is sooo goood!! I highly recommend it for one of those cold days to come! I used venison because I have it on hand, and it really gives a great depth of flavor once braised down in that demi-glace sauce. But Beef shoulder is traditional...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky