Big chicken Smoke for a good cause

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hope it all goes down without a hitch. The birds look awesome!

Someday I want to hear the story of that massive brisket festival pictured back on page 1.

Wow what a lot of work - halfway point .

F760ABFD-05B8-4705-9089-ED6CE9DB9215.jpeg
BD04C48C-8259-4C44-8697-7A166E8A1E63.jpeg

What a great thing to do for your community! I commend you on giving back.

That smoker looks glorious and the chickens have to be over the top good. nice work all around

Reactions: 912smoker and SCBBQ
Thanks everyone for your nice comments,

Second smoke went better than the first - the first one , the smoker had some apparent issues with getting to tenpins staying there - a new temporary issue I haven’t had before - so between 1 hour warm up time, load time, rebaste time midway through , they really weren’t cooking 6 hours .

Second time , put them on at 2 , still had load time and warm up time, re-baste but set smoker at 300 and it went much better. No issues with smoker in the second round.

By the looks of things I'm sure the people buying the meals were very happy with them and I would guess the charity was very happy to get the money it generated. Great job

Reactions: 912smoker and SCBBQ
264 dinners total - a ton of work and mess to clean up..

Wife said “can we just write a check next time!?’

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky