Big Brown truck just Dropped of an A-maze-n Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pintobean

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Frankfort, IL
Thanks Todd! That was quick! I just ordered the thing on tuesday. Can't wait to get to cold smoke some cheese. Temps hovering around 30°, so should be pretty easy to keep temps in check.

Brandon

Congrats and that was fast service

Did you say Big Brown Truck???? MMmmm... I love me some UPS. Just sayin'!

You are gonna love the AMS!!! I'm doing a cheese smoke tomorrow for New Year's Eve!!! Have fun and don't forget the nuts! I have found that pecans and walnuts do really with the AMS, I've not been terribly impressed with the almonds though. Macadamia nuts are awesome too, and fresh coconut, okay I'll stop now. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of cold smokin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I'll have to do some nuts when I do the cheese.

A word of advice...after opening the bag of A-maze-n dust to smell the contents, DO NOT try to zip the bag almost closed and then suck the air out. Unless you like the taste of dust!!

And, about the UPS guy, I noticed he was wearing shorts in below freezing temps. Not sure what's up with that??

Last edited:
I just did 8 jars of Costco mixed nut for folks at Kathy's and my work. Doing a Fresh mozzarella tomorrow and if I get time I will be doing corn husk chicken sausage too

You are going to love that AMNS

Hmm, I'll have to do some nuts when I do the cheese.

A word of advice...after opening the bag of A-maze-n dust to smell the contents, DO NOT try to zip the bag almost closed and then suck the air out. Unless you like the taste of dust!!

And, about the UPS guy, I noticed he was wearing shorts in below freezing temps. Not sure what's up with that??
Even better, store the dust in jars with lids.  I use old Ocean Spray cran mix 64-ounce bottles.  It is important to use dry dust.  Todd recommends nuking it in microwave or oven for a little bit if it is exposed to high humidity.

You will love your A-maze-N smoker. I use mine all the time; in fact I am cold smoking 10 lbs bacon as I type. Using my MES and the A-Maze-N smoker with a combination of hickory, mesquite and maple dust. The temperature in the MES is a steady 68° and outdoor temp is 48°. 

Man that UPS Guy must really get around delivering all those AMNS boxes...

Was the UPS guy smiling, or wasn't he heading towards Georgia?

Bear
if he's smiling, he must have just been to GA.  mmmm... ups trucks...ups guys....shorts....   is it an accident they're all the same color as chocolate?? how are we supposed to resist?

They're pants are brown, because they never have time to stop to go to the little boys room.

I don't know about other parts of the country, but around here their supervisors go on a delivery run with them, once in awhile.

They time the deliveries, and figure half of the traffic lights are green & half of them are red.

That's how long they have for deliveries. They "run" in with the package & run back out to the truck.

No time for potty break----Hence the Brown pants!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky