better than masterbuilt? please?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 yes todd, i'd love to get this traeger working. one thing i must say, in fairness. it started at 6 degrees  this morn. i had to whack it n it started. it seems to be holding heat from 225 to 235, which is fine. it never had problems at 225after i got it working.

here's something funny. the replacement unit was missing the wire that goes from the controler   to the inside of the box. i had to use 2 units to get one working.

my problem is getting temps under 200 for my home cured meats. if i could fix that i'd be happy.

are you offering me the chance to trade in this amns for one that works in the  traeger?

i've already heated it in my oven to clean the oils.

i didn't know this one wasn't for the traeger.

oh, i bot this from you. rhonda handled it. as to pellets, i got them from you too.

if a tube is what i need that's what i'd like.

Let's get back ontrack here....

The OP is asking about electric smoker options, not moonshine

Lots of people use CookShack, Smokin-It or Smoking Tex Smokers

Bradley makes a good unit too

For $500 - $600 you can get a pretty darn good smoker

Why can't you use your Traeger?

Another option is to cold smoke your ham for a couple hours, and finish it off in your Traeger or oven

Todd
What's an OP?

Personally I dislike abbreviations.   Which is why I detest texting ( I spell complete words but replies come back in horrible abbreviations) and I will never ever resort to twitter and the like. We are going to have an entire generation of pathetic spellers and with schools no longer teaching cursive folks won't even be able to sign their own name or read a hand written letter or document.  Thank the Heavens above for barbecue!!

Last edited:
In retrospect, I reckon my comment does sound funny. 

Happy New Year to one and all.

Last edited:
oh, i agree with your basic point. you are correct. still, you used an abrieviation in your post, that's now gone. it was funny.

hugzzz

I didn't read the entire thread but a mini with a AMNPS is about all you need. I can do ribs, pork shoulder and turn around the next minute and cold smoke cheese.  Awesome little machine and for under 150.00 you can't beat it.

Personally I dislike abbreviations.   Which is why I detest texting ( I spell complete words but replies come back in horrible abbreviations) and I will never ever resort to twitter and the like. We are going to have an entire generation of pathetic spellers and with schools no longer teaching cursive folks won't even be able to sign their own name or read a hand written letter or document.  Thank the Heavens above for barbecue!!
I never even use LOL.

And you were thanking the Heavens above for BBQ, right?
icon_lol.gif

sarge, things are worse than you said. the infection has spread to the speaking vocabulary. 

get this. i have heard people  in face to face conversation say , BF [boy friend].

also, BFF [best friend forever].

these gals were sitting at the same table, not typing.

we are doomed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky