Belly weight?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coonriver

Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
Sac City,IA
What's the avg weight of a pork belly? I am getting 40 pounds for $1.60 a pound and it comes in a 40 pound box.My dad wants some side pork also is that from the bellies and just not cured and smoked?

Last edited:
I recently bought a 60lb box of pork sides. It had some of the rib bones and the skin on. There was 6 sides or 3 pigs worth. The size of pigs can vary quite a bit as well so it is hard to say.

Depends on the age of the pig...... I bought a case.... 4 bellies.... 63 lbs... no ribs... just skin and meat...

Dave

For bellies that I have bought at commercial-oriented supply stores, I have found that on average, skinless bellies tend to be 9-10 lbs, and skin-on 12-15 lbs. From a farm or butcher, that might be different.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky