Belly buster Brisket! With Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
One of the best I have made on the GMG! The new thermal sensor made a big difference in the way it cooks, so i suspect the original was wacky from day one. I had been disappointed in the results of long cooks, so mosty did pork steaks and such in it. When i did brisket or butts, i started them in my stick burner until time to foil them, then transferred to the GMG to finish without babysitting the fire.
I cooked this packer from start to finish and am pleased with the result. At the stall, I panned it on a rack and added my magic elixir of beef base and brewed coffee. I inserted a probe from my new Thermoworks, then covered tightly with foil to finish. I started probing at 195. But had to take this one to 207 before it probed tender in the flat.
Pure Texas style with nothing but salt and pepper.
I reserved the liquid and made a killer gravy for the mashed potatoes. I ate until I was ready to pop!
20190811_132800.jpg
20190811_181001.jpg
20190811_124247.jpg
20190811_180852.jpg

Like!
Oh Hell Yeah, that last pic is Money!
Beautiful brisket, very nice.
Like!
Thank you Chili! Since my wife passed last December I have not felt up to cooking like I used to. Just me now, so a big hunk of meat will make many meals.

Talk about moist - that right there is the definition of a moist brisket.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: radio
Thanks everyone!
Having leftovers for lunch right now. It sure is tasty, but the gravy is to die for!

Radio, great looking money shot! I want some taters and gravy! Care to share what you do with the magic elixir?

I use a similar beef bouillon paste on my briskets, both for injection and rub.

Looks great!
RG

Radio, great looking money shot! I want some taters and gravy! Care to share what you do with the magic elixir?

I use a similar beef bouillon paste on my briskets, both for injection and rub.
Looks great!
RG
Try beef base instead of bullion for a beefier flavor. I have used bullion and the base is so much better.
I start with a couple of well rounded tablespoons of it, then brew 16 to 18 ounces of coffee to disolve it with just before putting the brisket in a disposable pan at 150-160 degrees IT. I put a rack with about 1 inch legs on it in the pan, add the brisket, then pour the liquid over brisket, insert temp probe, wrap tightly in foil and finish til tender.
I chill the drippings so i can separate the fat, then heat in a saucepan while I make a flour slurry to whisk in as a thickener . I usually have add water to dilute the concentrated drippings both to dilute them and increase the volume

Reactions: radioguy
Amazing cook with the finished Money shot! It looks fantastic.....DECAF?
Thank you.
Unfortunately yes on the decaf. A year ago last Christmas I ended up in the cardiovascular ward and the Dr said one issue was strong coffee, and too much of it :-( decaf took some getting used to, but it is better than giving up coffee completely

Reactions: drdon
Sucks about the decaf but that money shot I would pay for. Amazing looking meat and the way the gravy just barely dribbles over the brisket looks like what it feels to own a yacht. I imagine anyway, I never feel better than a bite of that tastes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky