Bell Fabrication Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I spoke with BBQman 3 and he spoke with Craig. Craig is so amazing he said he would build him one that with the pipe from the firebox to the cook chamber and a removable peice from the firebox to the cook chamber so it can be used the way the the bel fab normally works or similar to the new Goldees smoker. I think that would be the best of both worlds. Either way the Bel fab is the best deal out there for a smoker made with 3/8 inch steel.

Looked at and heard a lot about Bell Fab. Lots good things said about him. The shipping is just a killer for me. Not many pit builders around these parts.

I did find one locally on FB Marketplace, makes some nice looking pits for around 1400 - 1600$ I can pick it up so saves on shipping.

Those Blue smoke smokers look great as well. Here is the Mod I did to my bell Fab and oh my it is the perfect cooking smoker now! I did not get the 48 inch but I can see how that would be a great for getting the meat further away from the firebox.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReelFaster
Not sure if this is where to post this, but curious on the quality of the brisket you can get out of this Bell Fab smoker. Obv 90% of this is the skill of the Pitmaster, but just wanted to know how easy it is to get championship level results.

Not sure if this is where to post this, but curious on the quality of the brisket you can get out of this Bell Fab smoker. Obv 90% of this is the skill of the Pitmaster, but just wanted to know how easy it is to get championship level results.
on mine with the modifications I made, its now super easy. If i were to get another one I would have Craig do the same design as the its alive post I made above. since the redesign my bell fab smoker has been incredible. If you wanted the traditional offset design I would get the 48 inch Bell Fab and ask him not to put a baffle plate in it to ensure top down cooking. That way you can get it as far from the fire as possible and not overcook the bottom of whatever you making. If I did get a bigger smoker I would get the goldees pit next time. Tremendous results, and when I spoke with the guys at Goldees they told me they are going to have their giant pits redesigned with the pipe coming out of the top of the firebox just like their backyard pits.

Reactions: FreshAir_in_NOVA
on mine with the modifications I made, its now super easy. If i were to get another one I would have Craig do the same design as the its alive post I made above. since the redesign my bell fab smoker has been incredible. If you wanted the traditional offset design I would get the 48 inch Bell Fab and ask him not to put a baffle plate in it to ensure top down cooking. That way you can get it as far from the fire as possible and not overcook the bottom of whatever you making. If I did get a bigger smoker I would get the goldees pit next time. Tremendous results, and when I spoke with the guys at Goldees they told me they are going to have their giant pits redesigned with the pipe coming out of the top of the firebox just like their backyard pits.

Ok. This is a really great insight. I have a FB marketplace smoker im looking at but it is a 36 inch reverse flow and a 17 x 17 inch firebox with a char grill combo for around 1800.(Lang Hybrid Patio 36) i think i have to go with the 48 jnch bell tho with the cowboy fbox and Goldees mods and no baffle. He can do 26" on both SC and fbox. Seems like a no brainer at 1750 before shipping. Thoughts?

I made great brisket on a Char Broil cheap offset. I make great brisket on my Bell Fab. No modifications needed.
On my current CG Akorn Kamado, on my first brisket..wife said was the most incredible meat she ever tasted. So I figure if you put some thought into it.. it usually goes well. Id prob be happy with either. Anybody use Lang reverse smokers?

Reactions: Danblacksher
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I am getting a smoker from Craig 26x48 cook chamber with a 20x20 firebox. Does anyone have one with a larger upper shelf. Craig said he can build either way. Is there an advantage to the smaller upper shelf?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky