Bell Fab on order - need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Freight is insane right now. Truck load quotes are up almost 200% over last year and LTL (less that truckload) shipments are not guaranteed to pick up or deliver on time. Between fuel prices, driver shortages and lack of workers in the warehouse it’s getting to the point things are barely moving.
100% right. It’s a struggle for us to get shipments out on an ongoing basis. Many that are shipped are late deliveries too. Relative to a chimney rain hood my Lang has a metal “hood”. I keep a bucket over it though when not in use. I’m going to have someone craft me a heavy vinyl sleeve this spring.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Update! My smoker is on a truck.
Skilled be able to pick it up from the terminal later this week!

Has anyone had experience picking up from the freight terminal? Will they load the pallet on my trailer?
If not I plan to take it off the pallet and wench it up the trailer ramp.

I picked up in February at A. Duie Pyle Terminal 10 minutes from me. They unloaded at trailer dock and then forklifted onto my trailer.

Going to be an exciting day tomorrow!
Fork lift got it on the trailer...I don't have a forklift to get it off.
Probably going to tie it to a tree and drive out from under it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220902_021324137.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220902_021324137.NIGHT.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Displaced Texan
Craig has been very good with me after the sale. If you have any questions on running the pit, etc., he is very good about offering assistance.

After years of using charcoal smokers, I finally pulled the trigger and decided to go with a good backyard offset smoker. After thorough research, I was just about to buy a 20" Horizon when I stumbled across a YouTube video that mentioned a pit builder based out of Tulsa, OK. I live in Oklahoma so being able to pick up my pit from the manufacturer saves me hundreds of dollars on shipping costs. I immediately found the website and spoke with the owner, Craig Bell, who is super nice. I told him what I wanted and he put me on the waiting list (8-10 weeks). I'm getting a 24" x 48" with a 24" firebox, all 3/8" thick fully welded steel for $1200. That's a steal compared to any competitor (that only uses 1/4" steel mind you) whose rigs cost 3 to 4 times more for a comparable size. The pics I uploaded are just stock photos. I'm having mine built with a single cook chamber door with counterweight and wood rack below. Does anyone else here own a Bell Fab that can give some input? 8 weeks can't come soon enough and I'll update you guys with pics of the finished product.
Same size as mine.

My main input would be don't hold your breath. Craig told me 4 to 6 weeks in February. It was finished in August.
Maybe he has really caught up, but like I said, don't hold your breath.
So far I'm very happy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky