Beer Marinade Pepper Jerky - Lazy Man's Method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With over a million variations on jerky marinade I've zeroed in on what I like and is about as easy as jerky can get.

Ingredients:
1 six pack of Shiner Bock (or your favorite dark beer)
1 cup Dale's Original Steak seasoning
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Morton's Tender Quick
1/2 tbs Granulated Garlic
2 TBS medium grind black pepper

I have been using eye of round. Typically I buy them in a 2 to 2 1/4 lbs piece at the local grocery. Cut 1/8" slices across the grain and I slice the bigger pieces into 2 or 3 long pieces. Put the sliced beef in a 1 gallon zip lock bag. Mix the marinade ingredients together (You'll only need 1 - 12 ounce beer - the other 5 are for drinking!) in a bowl and mix together throughly. Pour the marinade into the 1 gallon zip lock bag with the sliced beef. I put this into a 1/2 size foil throw away serving tray and I slowly remove all the air from the zip lock bag. Knead the bag of meat to work the marinade & slices together well - you can flip and Knead the bag more if you wish. I suggest a 12 hour marinade time but I've soaked them longer with good results.
After 12 hours (next day) I remove the slices from the marinade and pat them dry with paper towel. Then I place them on several racks and into the Pellet smoker set on 180. Choose your smoke of choice but I've had good results with Hickory, Pecan, and this latest batch was with Lumberjack Competition blend (Hickory, Cherry, Maple).
Folks, it's hard to go wrong on just about any recipe out there but this works and works well. Takes about 4 hours and it just don't get much better than this. Savory with a little heat. Very easy to make and very good - Thanks for looking.
View attachment 423973
Sounds good. How long did you smoke at 180

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky