Beer can or Spatchcocked?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Other than looking neat, I never really saw much steaming action even when I started with 1/2 can of hot water. I do cook the breasts on a rack without a can, which works good.
View attachment 476125
And not just for laughs.... I'll do this presentation on occasion, again without a can. BUT, there is some science involved. I freeze the lemons, so they keep the breast cool for 20 or 30 minutes so the dark meat can get a head start. A few times I have made slits in the pulp and put pieces of garlic, or garlic butter in them before freezing. This self bastes the breasts while cooking.
View attachment 476126
made my day..........thanks so much

Spatchcock chicken with a white bbq sauce.
I only use salt and pepper on the bird. Smoker set at 325 degrees. When bird is done, dunk the bird in the white bbq sauce. You can have the white bbq sauce on the side too.
For the white bbq sauce recipe you can search this site or Google it. It’s no secret anymore!!!!
WELL--You know I will be SEARCHING for white BBQ sauce===Thanks , Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky