Beer Can Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqthundar

Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
At home with a sick kid and have a whole chicken in the fridge....decided to do a beer can chicken today on the smoker.  I will be putting it on in the next hour and will hopefully will have some qview for ya!

Sounds good I'll look forward to the Qview

Here it is after 90 minutes at 325 degrees.  Breast and thigh temp at 180...skin is nice and crisp.  Hope it tastes good!

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Your yard bird looks like it will be mighty YummO. I like your smoker too. it looks like quite the heavy duty model for sure.

Ever burn your knees on that smoker?  I'm definitely the type that would not pay attention and walk right into that firebox!  Great looking bird!

Thanks guys...actually the firebox sits back a little bit so the grate in front of the cooking chamber keeps you far enough away from the box.  It is a little warm but I haven't burned myself yet.  A local guy builds these bbq's in his spare time from his auto body shop.  He has done some great bbq's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky