Been keeping busy smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 13, 2015
Northeast
The other week I smoked some pork butts
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Today I smoked some pork tenderloin and some wings.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Every week I am always smoking a bunch of chicken thighs.
I don't always post all my smokes...nobody wants to see posts of chicken all the time.

Looks like you've been busy, and very successful.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Doug. We like all posts. Post every chicken cook if you want.

New to the site and can't wait to learn. My wife just bought me a Pit Boss Pellet Smoker. I've never smoked any food period but am certainly anxious to learn. After having said that, I'm wanting to smoke a pork loin roast. It's 5lbs and I plan on cutting it in half to cook both portions separately to make pulled pork out of them. What's the recommended time and temp for cooking so that I can accomplish my goal? Thanks in advance for any/all help!

New to the site and can't wait to learn. My wife just bought me a Pit Boss Pellet Smoker. I've never smoked any food period but am certainly anxious to learn. After having said that, I'm wanting to smoke a pork loin roast. It's 5lbs and I plan on cutting it in half to cook both portions separately to make pulled pork out of them. What's the recommended time and temp for cooking so that I can accomplish my goal? Thanks in advance for any/all help!

Welcome to SMF!
I'm not familiar with your smoker. But first you need to figure out what temp you want to smoke at and if you are going to brine...myself I like 275. Others like lower temps. A
good rule of thumb is to allow 90 minute per pound at 225-is, 75 minutes per pound at 250-ish and an hour per pound at 275-ish, but each piece of meat is different, and will be done when it is done.
As far as temp I usually pull my loin at 140, then rest and slice.
If your looking for pulled pork maybe you should consider a pork butt.
That's just a few things to consider. I'm sure some other member can also add to what I mentioned. Hopefully even have the same smoker as you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky