Been Grillin - New to Smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rare2medium

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
SouthEast PA
Hi everyone. My name is Mike, resident of PA, Chester county. Got a MES 30 as a Christmas present and just getting around now to use it. I'm well versed in the kitchen and have enjoyed grilling on gas and charcoal grills for 30+ years but short of throwing a few hunks of mesquite or hickory on some hot charcoal I'm a newbie to smoking. I've checked out this website and it looks like a great resource. Already got some good ideas from some seasoned pros like BearCarver and SmokinAl. I think my smoking focus will be on the basic meats like beef, port, chicken. Already got Jeff's book and Mixon's Smokin book for some reference. Also got the Amazen 5x8 smoker tray but with some stalling I need more practice with that (made some ribs last weekend and had to switch to the MES built in burner).

Anyway, thanks you all for the welcome. Good smokin!

Hello Mike and welcome to this great site.

Basic meats huh, that won't last long.

You'll have a to smoke list as long as 

your arm.

Ed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky