Beef Tenderloin Tails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening again smokers. And non smokers if that applies. Another day in zombieland. Thawed out some beef tenderloin tails. Figure if I feed them well they wont mutiny. So far so good.

Started out with 2 tails. Injected with creole butter, soy and wooster. Let them sit for a few hours.
20200326_180846.jpg

Took them out and hit with coarse black pepper.

Got the pellet smoker going around 450 using pecan. Gotta be a ninja because these will over cook quick.
20200326_185954.jpg

I think I cooked these for a total of 15 minutes flipping them around. Pulled them off around 130. One tail was smaller so may have been 135. Rested for 10min before slicing.
20200326_191536.jpg

Sliced up and ready for the plate
20200326_191859.jpg

Some brussel sprouts and mashed taters and gravy and we got a meal.

This was a flavor explosion. So tender you couldn't pick it up in one piece. Everyone loved it and I get to keep the peace for another day!

Looks real good Jake!!!

Point for sure
Chris

This was a flavor explosion.

Brussel sprouts have been known to cause an explosion when I eat them. Unfortunately flavor isn't a term generally used to describe it. :emoji_laughing:

Looks real good Jake!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Brussel sprouts have been known to cause an explosion when I eat them. Unfortunately flavor isn't a term generally used to describe it. :emoji_laughing:
Lmao thanks chris. I'll be bringing the Dutch oven to bed tonight

• Haha
Reactions: xray
Looks awesome jake! Will let you come keep the peace at my house anytime with meals like that!

Ryan

Wow , nice work . I was supposed to go to the Smokey mountains in June . Not sure now , but if I go I'll let you know how much I need .

Nice job Jake!
I think that is the best part of the tenderloin.
I like mine a bit rarer, but yours looks really good.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky