Beef Sticks first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know this is an older thread, sorry for the nrecropost, I did this that on a forgot search. I'm currently building a diy jerky cannon to try my hand at some sticks. I have that same smoker, what did you use for a hanger, is that just wood dowels?

Also how have you found the gasser to work on sticks? I did some batches of jerky and seemed to get hot spots in the back of the smoker. I hung the jerky strips from bamboo skewers through the racks. Even with rotating top to bottom and front to back regularly, it seemed to over cook the strips towards the back.

I usually run drip pan on that bottom rack, but was wondering if it got too hot down there to hang the sticks that far down. I have fire bricks I could lay on the bottom rack as a heatsink/baffle.

Thanks for any tips you can give with this unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky