Beef Short Ribs...Need Opinions Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know I am not answering your question, but it brought up one of my own. So please forgive me.

I have done these babies a couple of times lately. Look was great. Taste was great. Only problem was that darned 1/8 inch to 3/16 inch fat layer on each one. No matter how long or low and slow I went, it never went away. I just could not cook it off. My results were very tender and tasty meat, but when eating, I had to deal with all that fat.

Maybe I should have actually trimmed it somehow, but man, what a PIA to trim each rib.. There must be a better way!!

Any suggestions?

Skip

Simple ... send the fat to me!
smile.gif

Come on Squeez, you gotta be a little more helpful than that!

I will be glad to send it to you. You just have to help me get the darned stuff off, first.

Skip

Skip -

That's the bad part about beef - tastes good but the fat doesn't render away like pork does. I hate fat!

I went to lunch with my boy today to check out this new BBQ place about 20 minutes down the road. They had a good menu and boasted of "smoked BBQ." I looked all around this tiny take out nly joint and didn't see anything that resembled a smoker, but people at work were telling me this place was really good - so what they heck!

I ordered burnt ends, my boy ordered ribs (which was like a pulled pork), and Jessie ordered Carolina chicken. We had it covered. The burnt ends looked really good, great bark but were covered in a thick sweet tomato BBQ sauce. Almost half was fat covered with sauce hiding under a thin layer of bark - I gagged several times. There was no smoky favor at all. It was fork tender but the fat just doesn't go away unless to trim it off with a knife!

Ok Squeez. I'll just knaw it off and spit in a bag and send it to you. LOL

I really do like those little buggers, but would like to find the solution, I would do them more often. When braised, it is a lot easier than when smoking, that's for sure.

And Debi, I hear ya. That is sort of the situation I find myself in. If only I lived a little closer to old Squeez, he could take care of all this for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

OK, going back into my cave now.

Skip

I'll probably trim it off, and at least once put up with the PIA, just for experimentation purposes. G'night all...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky