Beef Short Ribs help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I doing some St Louis ribs today and want to do try some smoked beef ribs like in the image from Sam's. They pretty thick. I usually grill them Korean style. Do I just do them same as the pork ribs? Any idea on time?

422044-f0bace593876820df33e2f8bc83c5dfa.jpg

Last edited:
Cook them like a brisket 200* F IT
start probing for tenderness around 190* F
Richie

I do them on my offset running 250º-275º, usually takes 10-11 hours to pull at 200º-203º. Like Richie said, start probing with a toothpick around 190º. RAY

Looks like they have you covered here. Lots of threads on these from last summer / fall. I’d add that they are decadently rich and beefy, in my opinion nothing is need for rub but SPOG. Enjoy!

This second time bought them at Sams. First time lower ones in package where total fat and this time at least have a little meat. When things return to normal and buy again they gonna have to make me a fresh package. Was hoping would take about same time as ribs. Maybe with all that fat will get done quicker. I saved good ones for grill.

This second time bought them at Sams. First time lower ones in package where total fat and this time at least have a little meat. When things return to normal and buy again they gonna have to make me a fresh package. Was hoping would take about same time as ribs. Maybe with all that fat will get done quicker. I saved good ones for grill.
I’d smoke the good ones :)

They got done in 5 hours. Pork ribs still going. Turned out very tender and tasty. Almost melt in your mouth. I do like the Korean Grilled better. They do make a great appetizer though!

20200404_165311.jpg

Last edited:
first i would NOT separate and place each in its place... i would keep like in pic and lay on grate. ... i wont even buy top sirloin less than inch n qtr thick.. you will get great results with indirect cook. i call those frankene cut ribs

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky