Beef Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wmarkw

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Evans, GA
Hey everyone. I believe this is my first "beef" thread post. I picked up some nice looking beef ribs from Alberstons and have them on the smoker now. They were on sale for 10lbs for $10, so I bought a couple. I'm using pecan instead of hickory for something different and so far love the smell. I cleaned up my ecb yesterday and bought some new lava rocks for it and decided to smoke a fatty and some turkey thighs I had laying around. So here are those pics and will update later with the finals. Thanks.

Mark

Covered in mustard and some basic rub

It all looks really good Mark. I cant tell you the last time I had beef ribs. I might have to grab some for next week.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ok just got done eating these ribs. By far the best batch of beef ribs I've done to date and one of my better smokes overall. The electric ECB is tricky and the best bet I found is to leave it alone while you smoke. My oven temp gauge broke so I couldn't monitor the inside temps but I was probably smoking around 225-240*and I didn't mess with it but to add foil chip packets and sauced the ribs when they hit 180* and let them cook for another 35 mins or so to about 184*. It took 6 hours to cook these ribs; I was thinking it would take 8. I did not do the 3-2-1 just a regular smoke, and these came out real tender, juicy, and great flavor.

I really liked the pecan wood and will be using it from now on. I also finally produced a really good smoke ring for once; not sure if they show through on the pics but we could see it. Thanks for reading!

I cooked the turkey thighs and fatty last night. Had the fatty on the top rack and put the turkey on the bottom. My smoker runs about 240* average and I smoked the fatty for 3.5 hours and the turkey went about 4 or so and took them off when the reached 175*. I then put the thighs in a 350* oven to get them over 180+. We shreded them today for turkey sammies and they were great!! Never eating deli store turkey again..belch

Never mind... I posted to soon. I read on and saw that you have an electric ECB. I'm guessing they all have lava rocks. Mine is charcoal and I thought I was learning something new. Sorry.

I love beef ribs, although I only do them for around 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Since they do not need as much time as pork spares, this gives them a nice medium to medium rare finish. Pretty much the temp I like all beef. I prefer the individual beef back ribs. Mainly because we don't see great racks of beef down here.
If you do them again, try some mojo crillio on them next time. Super flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky