Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phinfan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2007
Ogden, Utah
Smiths has had an awesome sale on rib roasts. I cut the ribs off to cut ribeye steaks. I want to smoke the rib section. Will I do these anywhere close to how I would do pork ribs? Any and all info will be helpful.

If you are going to cook the rib eye steaks separate than the bones you can cook the bones as beef back ribs. some people say leave the membrane on but i try to get as much off as i can. (they have a thick membrane on the back of them). i like to coat in a thick beef seasoning or steak seasoning (or even soak in Worcestershire sauce and apply your favorite beef rub) and smoke until you get about 1/2 -3/4 inch of pull back from the bone. about 4-5 hours at 250 degrees. they can come out like steak on stick. good luck. they are really cheap if you like them you can get two small racks at Walmart for 5-6 bucks a package.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Rick they are better cooked like a Brisket to an IT of 200°F or tooth pick tender 200°F
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/beef-ribs-my-turn.259336/
Richie
^^^ What this guy said.
When toothpick tender then you can pull beef ribs. Cook like they were a brisket. Watch the "meat" ends (not the bone ends) of the ribs as they can dry up on you. I saved the pulled membranes and wrapped them over the meat ends and held them in place with toothpics and the membrane burned up but the meat stayed perfect. See here for details and best of luck! :)
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/1st-time-beef-ribs-with-new-technique-and-qview.272619/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky