Beef Ribs in Memphis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CajunYankee

Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Rochester, NY
Hi all, my first post, so apologies if I'm not correctly following protocol. I'm currently semi-stranded in the Memphis area due to my job being shut down in NY, and I was hoping you guys could point me towards where I can find some beef ribs (Not short ribs, the "Dino" rack, or "plate ribs") in the Memphis region. They're fairly prevalent in my area in western NY, but here in pork country, Tennessee, they seem to be a bit of a rarity. My esteemed brother in law is a stellar brother in smoke, and I promised to share with him the joys of some delicious beef ribs. Can anybody point me towards a purveyor in the area? Thank y'all so much.

Reactions: JLeonard
Plate and Chuck ribs are both Short ribs cuts.

Can't help ya with finding them in Memphis other than to tell you to start hitting meat counters looking for short ribs cut in any form, and then asking the clerk if he has the whole uncut racks still in the cryovac bag.
They come two racks per bag and expect to pay $6.-8. per lb.
Unfortunately you'll find them to be Chuck shorts ribs 80%+ of the time.
Finding Plates is a real challenge unless you special order them thru a store or online.

Reactions: Fueling Around
I get mine at Costco business centers. I am in California so can't say for sure they are at the Memphis warehouse but here is the address. These are different from the regular Costco warehouses.

SE Memphis Warehouse
Address
3775 HACKS CROSS RD
MEMPHIS, TN
38125-2302
Get Directions
Phone: (901) 214-0054
Hours
M-F 10:00am - 8:30pm
Sat. 9:30am - 6:00pm
Sun. 10:00am - 6:00pm
2020-12-31
9:00am - 6:00pm
New Year's Day
Closed
MLK Birthday
Open

Reactions: chilerelleno
Dude I live in Southaven, MS (just across the border) and work in Memphis. I can totally understand the misery of being stranded in memphis. Are you looking to buy to cook or eat? If your looking for a place to eat try Neeleys Interstate BBQ.
Jim

Last edited:
Thank you all for the replies; Ive checked some local butchers and the Germantown costco with no luck; but Ill check out the warehouse also. And JLeonard-I had been hoping to find some to cook but Ill definitely put Neelys on my radar, thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky