Beef Knuckle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been doing a lot of beef knuckle lately . Great cut . I get it from GFS . I break it into 3 sections . This one was a 4 pound hunk .
Put Canadian steak seasoning on the outside . No injection . In the MES 30 at 120 for 4 hours . Turned the heat to 160 and started some oak pellets in the 6 inch tube .
I skip the mail box with the 6 " and go right in the smoker . When the smoke ran out , I turned the temp to 200 . Took the IT to 130 in the thickest part .
Cooled down on the counter , then wrapped tight in plastic and in the fridge for 2 days at 36 degrees .
Fresh out of the smoker .
View attachment 463596
After the rest in the fridge .
View attachment 463597
Sliced up . Juicy and tender .
View attachment 463598 View attachment 463599
Covered up and back in fridge for supper that night .
View attachment 463600
Wasn't in a sandwich mood . Had a bottle of PF Chang Mongolian beef sauce .
Bag of steamer sprouts and a bell pepper / onion mix .
Nuked the veg to thaw , and get some of the water out . Seared the sprouts to get some color .
Added the peppers and onion . Gave them the same treatment .
PF Chang's and some teriyaki to the veg and let it cook . Missed the pic before I added the beef .
Beef added in ,
View attachment 463601
Mixed together .
View attachment 463602

I had some brown rice going in the rice cooker . First time for brown rice . Bag said 2 to 1 water to rice .
Ever see the episode of Green Acres , where Ebb uses the pancake batter to make a head gasket for the tractor ?
Since I don't have a tractor , the rice got tossed . To much water for the rice cooker . Be ok on the stove .
Had some stir fry noodles , used those instead .

Egg roll cooked in the air fryer . This is a great meal , and a nice change of pace .
View attachment 463604

My son usually makes the sauce , and the veg is usually fresh . The pre cooked beef , jarred sauce and frozen veg makes this easy to put together .
Hits the spot too .

That looks amazing! Nice way to use the meat!

Great looking meal Chop. I could see myself downing a bowl of that.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: You could have invited Arnold Ziffel over to eat the rice. LOL

Reactions: chopsaw
Great looking meal Chop. I could see myself downing a bowl of that.
Thanks Chris . I'm enjoying that type of meal more often these days .
BTW: You could have invited Arnold Ziffel over to eat the rice. LOL
Have to admit , I watched some on you tube this morning .
Arnold got kicked out of school for shooting spit wads at the teacher .
Great looking roast beef Chopsaw
Thanks for looking , and for the comment . Gonna do some cheese steaks with whats left for tonight .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky