Beef Fajitas on the griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Broke out the griddle to do some beef fajitas, corn salsa and a Mexican riced cauliflower for the family as my son goes back to NH tomorrow to get ready to start his new job (new district) teaching PE/health.

Started with some flank steak and had a pack of flanken style ribs that I wanted to use up.
1.jpg

Made up a batch of chilerelleno chilerelleno fajita marinade, so good
2.jpg

sliced up the steak into strips for the ride in the marinade, cut up the peppers and onions and soaked them with a bit of soy, garlic, yoshito's and a bit of avocado oil.
4.jpg

Went on to make the corn salsa, black soy beans, corn, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, cumin, chili powder, fresh cilantro, oregano, cayenne, red onion, red wine vinegar diced avocados and some tomatoes.
3.jpg

peppers and onions on the griddle
7.jpg

The meat joins them, oh the smells coming off that griddle were unbelievable.
8.jpg

The flanken ribs went on the gasser earlier on low to see if that would make them a little tender. Last time I did them hot and fast on the kettle it was a bit under whelming.
6.jpg

I did not get a pic (thought I did) but made up a Mexican riced cauliflower dish, with nothing more than garlic, small packet of Goya sazone seasoning, veggie broth (it was already open, could use any type) and some chopped onions.
9.jpg

All in all a very good meal, added into the low carb wrap, some sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and ghost pepper salsa...very tasty. The flanken ribs...meh not buying them again, two fails and I am done...lol

Last edited:
Looks like a good send off meal for the son. Wondering if a SV ride for the flanken ribs would help....Betting you can get some advice from the good folks here for them.
Jim

Reactions: clifish
Looks like a good send off meal for the son. Wondering if a SV ride for the flanken ribs would help....Betting you can get some advice from the good folks here for them.
Jim
Thanks, yeah the SV probably would work. there is just not enough meat on them for the effort.

Reactions: JLeonard
Heck yeah bud those fajitas look awesome. I'm also a big fan of grilled flanken ribs. Nice work all around!

Man Cliff, you got it going on buddy. those look outstanding!! Love all the fresh sides you did. All of those are right up our alley and the perfect accompaniment to the meal. Way to go my friend!!
oh the smells coming off that griddle were unbelievable.
I know what you mean!! Did some fajitas last week and as soon as the meat hit the griddle the neighbors started blowing up my phone with text messages asking what was for dinner.

Robert

yeah I am sure you have created a taco or two in your day...lol
And I did just that right after posting that reply.

I sliced up some onion and bell pepper, shredded some left over pot roast, and then charred it all in a skillet.
Added Guajillo chile and garlic powder, cumin and salt.
Dumped in a can of Rotel, and then let it simmer down till almost dry.
Cooked up some flour tortillas all nice and golden, and made tacos.
Can't forget, all slathered in my favorite Habanero salsa, El Yucateco, I chose the Roja to compliment the tomatoes.

I was serious, I needed some tacos after viewing that, it was an irresistible urge!

Man Cliff, you got it going on buddy. those look outstanding!! Love all the fresh sides you did. All of those are right up our alley and the perfect accompaniment to the meal. Way to go my friend!!

I know what you mean!! Did some fajitas last week and as soon as the meat hit the griddle the neighbors started blowing up my phone with text messages asking what was for dinner.

Robert
Thanks Robert, luckily our neighbors stayed at bay.

By golly Cliff, I was wondering where that wonderful aroma was coming from...now I know! Fantastic looking meal!

Ryan

Great looking Fajitas! I like to make Korean Flanken Ribs and add a couple chucks of fresh grated pineapple to marinade to tenderize. They are so good that way. You can see how tender they are in image.

Marinade
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: jcam222 and clifish
Great looking Fajitas! I like to make Korean Flanken Ribs and add a couple chucks of fresh grated pineapple to marinade to tenderize. They are so good that way. You can see how tender they are in image.

Marinade
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 green onions, thinly sliced
yeah I should have thought of that

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky