Beef Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone care to share how you get the ground meat to stay together like that??
Jojo22,

Great question!

The cure & seasonings in the recipe (or pre-mix), when mixed, and mixed, and mixed, like you're supposed to do, makes the meat so sticky, it'll suck the gloves right off your hands, if you aren't careful.

It holds together real good, once it is mixed properly.

Bear

Bear is right....The pork and beef fat bind this thing together when you make the loaves, but after a day in the fridge, it gets pretty solid.

Todd

So, you gonna hook us up with your spicemix/cure through your ever expanding store?  Since you've enticed us with your fine presentation, you can't leave us hanging trying to cobble some spice mix-cure (oh, I know the cure part but that's irrelevant).  I like to establish a taste base-line so I have a starting point, UNLESS of course, you want to ship us some of the finished product.
icon_mrgreen.gif
  Nah, probably all gone by now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky