beef back ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by lumpydrey, Apr 1, 2015.

1. I've never dealt with beef ribs. My neighbor comes over after smelling smoke and hands me a slab of beef back ribs... I'm always up for a challenge. Any tips greatly appreciated.

2. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Search Bearcarvers step by step or dino ribs

3. rmmurray

rmmurray Master of the Pit

I would simply apply your favorite rub and smoke at 250 for 4-5 hours and then top with your favorite sauce. Oak or hickory are good for beef.

4. rmmurray

He's a great source of information. Good call!

5. [USER=]@Rmm[/USER]Thanks a bunch. And just so happens I'm stocked with oak. Thanks again!

6. rmmurray

You are very welcome

7. Got my ribs on!

8. Got my oak branches!

9. rmmurray

:popcorn

10. @RMMurray
    I'm in now... No turning back! Would you happen to have an idea about how long I should add oak? I'm sure not during the whole cook time 😕

11. rmmurray

You did go all in! I'm sorry I couldn't hang with you. Work kicked my butt yesterday and I turned in after the kids went to bed. How'd they turn out?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  12. My first beef ribs. Final product. Bad part about it is I smoked these for my neighbor😕 Now I'll wait for the judgment .

rmmurray likes this.
  13. rmmurray

Very nice. You did a great job! Your neighbor should be pleased.
    :points1:
    - Ryan

14. Hey thanks for your help. I had literally just been handed something I had never cooked and sent a shout out for help. Your quick response made all the difference man, thanks again.

15. rmmurray

You're quite welcome. That's what we're all here for. And that that I'm off work and the grass has been mowed, it's time to enjoy this:

16. Oh man! That's a whole other forum. Enjoy 🍻