Beef back ribs??? Really

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rodney

Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
So I went to Wal-Mart to get some pork ribs to smoke for New Years day and they were out. However, they had some beef back ribs so I was like, “I’ll give it a shot and see if I can pull this off.” Well, never cooking beef ribs before I really had no clue where to begin. Got to the house and pulled the membrane off and did a small amount of trimming and threw on some Jacks Old South original rub and threw the in the fridge for about 30 hours. Fired up the egg to about 300 and smoked them bone down for about an hour and half shooting them every 15 minutes with a 50/50 mix of EVOO and McCormicks imitation butter. Pulled them, wrapped in aluminum foil with about half a Budweiser for each rack and steamed them at the same temp for about another 2 hours. Having ZERO expectations on how these were gonna turn out I gotta say I was pretty impressed.  I look forward to serving these to folks at the house. Living in Alabama I have never even seen beef back ribs on any restaurant menu or even seen them available in the grocery. I’ll try and post a pic, If  can figure out how to do it… 

Would love to see a pic. 

I do my Beef Back Ribs in a similar way to you and have never had anyone complain about the taste. They have a great taste that makes them better for colder weather eating. 

Hope your family enjoy them!

Alex

I love Beef Ribs!

Sounds good!

I like to do mine exactly like I do my Pork Spare Ribs (3-2-1) at 230˚, except I use Worcestershire (Thick) for a base for the rub, instead of Mustard.

Bear

Hey Rodney,

Lets see some of those pics! Im hungry!! I havent done beef ribs but they are on my radar for sure. I like bears use of Worcestershire instead of mustard. That sounds killer. 

Chris

icon_cool.gif

Beef ribs are great. Now I have some long bone short ribs that I did last night (I'll post later) but beef ribs are the bomb and you can smoke them using the 3-2-1 method just I would use the whole 3-2-1 for them so they will be really tender but not falling off the bone. Now ike everyone else here I would like to see some Q-view

worthless.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky