• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bearcarver turkey bacon

grimreeper

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 8, 2011
hello all i am using bearcarver's turkey bacon recipe. I dont have mortons tender quick, but i do have cure number one. his recipe calls for 5/8 of an oz of tq and 1 tbs of brown sugar, I want to know how much cure one i could use for these breasts. Each turkey breast is just over the lbs. or 468 grams. Can some one please help me out.

waywardswede

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 5, 2013
Hey Grim

I use DiggingDogFarm's calculator, you can find it here:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/124590/universal-cure-calculator

Using the default settings, it comes to 1.17 grams:

Also, TQ has salt already in the mix so bearcarver's recipe doesn't call for any salt.  If you're going to use Cure #1 you may want to add some salt, see the amount shown above.  One of the nice things about using Cure #1 is that you have better control over the salt content.

My advice would be to spend some time reading through the posts here on using cures, there is a ton of information here and a lot to know.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.