BBQ Guru mods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
My BBQ guru works great on my Kamado as long as I keep replacing batteries!!
When I got it about 1 year ago I saw a mod that wires it to an electrical plug. Can't find it now. Anybody done this or know where I can get the info??
Thanks

My BBQ guru works great on my Kamado as long as I keep replacing batteries!!
When I got it about 1 year ago I saw a mod that wires it to an electrical plug. Can't find it now. Anybody done this or know where I can get the info??
Thanks
I thought they made an ac adapter for this? Better check.

Gwanger, I should have been more specific--I have a Party Q. Just called them and they don't have an adapter for that model. Still looking for the home made mod.
Thanks

Sorry I cant help. But curious to lurk for the other answers you may get. What kind of battery life are you getting? I can go several smokes on a set of batteries. In fact I have been rather impressed with battery life in my party-Q with good new batteries. Lately, I have been using some older rechargeable AA Energizers I had around, and just swap them out when I notice the fan speed slow down about every-other smoke. I really like the "no wires" aspect as designed.

I don't get much time on a set of batteries. 3 hrs if I'm lucky!!! That's why I would like to be plugged in.
Still looking.

I don't get much time on a set of batteries. 3 hrs if I'm lucky!!! That's why I would like to be plugged in.
Still looking.

WHOA! That is unacceptable! I would be looking too if I had that kind of battery life! Looking to sending it back!
It shouldn't be like that. Contact them to make it right.

Found it!! BBQ Guru Party q mod. By lildapp76. Pretty simple and inexpensive.

Thanks, I found it just before you did. Called BBQ Guru and they would not recommend it but the guy said he has heard of people making the mod with good results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky