BBQ Guru for Oklahoma Joe's Bronco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

agaffer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
North Carolina
I would like to adapt a BBQ Viper fan to the Bronco drum smoker. You can't do it at the top because of the screw there. I was thinking that I would remove the top half of the intake pipe which would leave the bottom section which is a perfect round. Not knowing anything about plumbing parts, is there an adapter that would reduce the 2" diameter intake pipe to a diameter that fits the viper? BBQ Guru does not make one but, I know that PVC pipes can be reduced to just about any size so, there must be a metal equivalent. Or, would it be safe to use PVC? I can grab the intake tube with my hand and it is only warm.

I would like to adapt a BBQ Viper fan to the Bronco drum smoker. You can't do it at the top because of the screw there. I was thinking that I would remove the top half of the intake pipe which would leave the bottom section which is a perfect round. Not knowing anything about plumbing parts, is there an adapter that would reduce the 2" diameter intake pipe to a diameter that fits the viper? BBQ Guru does not make one but, I know that PVC pipes can be reduced to just about any size so, there must be a metal equivalent. Or, would it be safe to use PVC? I can grab the intake tube with my hand and it is only warm.
agaffer agaffer
If you haven't already done this, take a picture of the 2'' and a picture of the viper adapter and link my name to your post. I'll figure out a way to plumb it for you, I'm a retired pipefitter/plumber.

Here's how you link a message to alert someone to a post, in case you don't know how to do it.
You type the @ then the person's screen name without any spaces, like this without the quotation marks.. "@duckweed"

Dan.

Thank you Dan. As I have continued to use the Bronco and learn it's idiosycncricies I have realized that our obsession with rock steady temps. are not so important. I had forgotten how good BBQ food was before the introduction of heat controllers a few years ago.
I have no doubt you could find a way to adapt a controller but, I no longer am interested

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky