BBB using BriCan's Black Forest seasoning and maple sugar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I started with 6 pounds and ended up with 4 1/4 pounds. I believe this was due to the time it "aged". Tasted good after cold smoking, tasted great two weeks later.

That piece had a fatty section in the middle where I cut it. They both got much leaner as I was slicing it.

I loosely wrapped them in parchment paper and placed them on Bradley racks and put them in my spare fridge in my garage. Around Christmas time I needed the refrigerator space and it was cool enough that they could be placed on my workbench in the garage.

I loosely wrapped them in parchment paper and placed them on Bradley racks and put them in my spare fridge in my garage. Around Christmas time I needed the refrigerator space and it was cool enough that they could be placed on my workbench in the garage.
So all drying was done with bacon somehow wrapped....

The reason i asked is that without a curing chamber the meat side willl dry out quickly.

Well I would say that it did. Loosely wrapped about a week in the fridge and a week out but still cool. It was also in the smoker for two days with a day in the fridge unwrapped in between. The bacon lost almost 30% of its weight from start to finish.

Rings, I sliced and packaged it all and it is in my freezer.

Great job! I think I need to make some more after seeing yours. I forgot how much I like the butt bacon.

Thank you, Bear. I am honored.

Brown, as I said earlier, I used a butt to check this out before spending the money on a belly. Now I will do this again with another butt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky