Basic course - Thanks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
Retired 5 yrs ago and was given a Brinkman for my years of service (big spenders!). It's been collecting dust ever since. Came across the forum, got the 5 day course and downloaded the PDF. The course is great plus it's presented in a way that encourged me to give it a try.
So far I've added a temp gauge (from a char broil that's on it's way to the dump) and I fabricated a variable vent in the hood. Next I'll scrounge a coal rack to raise the coals a bit and purchase a one probe thermometer. Then the Brinkman should be good to go.
My mouth is watering from today's Country style Ribs email plus I've got some turkey theigh's ready to brine - can't wait!
Thanks for the info and inspiration!

Reactions: Princeau99
Congratulations on the new found interest and retirement. Let us know if you have any questions.

Chris

Congratulations. And get on with your bad self.

Re Jeff's book. Is his conversational style the same in the book as in his news letters - like pointing out country style rib differences (loin vs butt) temp differences wtc?

Also, how many recipes are in the book?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky