Bandera charcoal basket Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
Loomis,CA
OK I am getting ready to smoke 2 14lb Turkeys for Thanksgiving tomorrow and was worried about keeping the temperature up since the forecast is calling for mid 40's. So I hit ABC Supply and bought enough expanded metal for a 12" X 12" X 12" box. bent the 4' long piece to make the sides. Ran to my Dads house this am after picking up 12' of 1" x 1" X 1/8" angle Iron. Reinforced the basket with angle iron top and bottom and corners.

There are pictures below The thing is pretty stout, but my question is how do you burn with a basket.

Do I load it up and add a starter full of hot Briquets to the top and just let it go/ Or do put the lit briquets on the bottom and cover with non lit?

I sure hope this give me a good controlled burn.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving

Robert

217464b0_IMG_04621.jpg

Basket from top

e2e7e1c6_IMG_04641.jpg

Side View

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky