Bag after smoking or wait?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Markl

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 1, 2020
Minnesota
So after smoking the bacon this morning, I threw them in 1 gallon bags and put back in the fridge and will smoke again in a couple days. I noticed some condensation (light) in the bags. Good? Bad? Should I open air them first to prevent this?

Just finished removing from bags and wrapped them in butcher paper

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
I put mine uncovered on baking racks in the fridge for 4 days before smoking & 4 days after smoking, then slice & bag.
Al

Reactions: Markl
I put mine uncovered on baking racks in the fridge for 4 days before smoking & 4 days after smoking, then slice & bag.
Al
First time double smoking and don't know why I was thinking to bag after the first smoke. They look fine this morning. Was going to smoke again on Saturday might wait until Sunday now.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm another that uses a paper bag. I leave them in the bag for at least 3 days before slicing and vacuum sealing it

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky