bad conditions cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Today is my daughter's 4th birthday. We rented the building at the local park for her party thinking that the playground and such would be fun for the children. My wife wanted me to cook barbecue and threatened to cook spaghetti if I didn't do so.

Yesterday, I picked up two chucks, a boneless butt, and two packs of shoulder country style. I got up this morning to start things off only to have it sleeting outside. I've got the BGE going now with the butt and chucks in it right now. I normally would do the country style indirect on my Weber, but I may have to pull the other stuff, foil it, and put it in the oven at some point to get the country style going.

The BGE eased its way up to nearly 300; so, I have it backed down to 250 now and will be watching it close.

Details:

The chucks are seasoned with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick. I seared them on my Smokey Joe Silver before putting them in the Egg. The butt is seasoned with Pig Pounda Kappa rub, and I crowned the butt and put rub down in the cuts.

I just got done seasoning the country style. I did one pack with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and one pack with the Pig Pounda Kappa.

I haven't decided yet as to whether I will pull the big cuts, foil them and throw them in the oven so that I can cook the country style in the BGE or if I will give the country style a try in my bigger Weber.

Well the names of the rubs sound good!
icon_smile.gif

I added a butter/honey/apple juice glaze to the country style. I didn't get pics of the chucks.

Your daughter will grow up with memories of her Dad having bbq ready for her birthday's. What a great way to add a bit of tradition to the yearly celebration.

Great looking grub!!
icon_razz.gif

very nice job on the food, tell mom that cake looks very cool. I bet the lil birthday princess was pleased. Enjoy every birthday to the fullest, before long, it will hard to get them to come around for their birthday.
We have video's of each of my two boys birthdays from age one till present(16 & 18, ready for another round in a few weeks) when we get bored, or relatives come by, we put the tapes in and have a great laugh!

I am so glad that their momma made me tape them early days, she used to make me so mad. Tape it, tape it, she would say. I am glad she insisted. Back then we had the HUGE VHS cam that was like 10 lbs and the battery would last about 30-45 minutes. The lil cams we have now are such an improvement.Didn't mean to highjack your wonderful post.

Tell the young lady Happy Birthday!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Happy Birthday to the little one, grub looks great. I went thru a Little Mermaid stage with my 5 year old and now it is Hannah Montana.

Great Smoke! I'm sure that this is another one of those memory moments. And a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Sweetheart! I had one similar to her some years back. Treasure the moments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky