Baconcheeseburgdogger???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That Looks SSSSWWWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

This looks incredible, thanks for the idea. although I think ima hit it up with a shredded cheddar/jack cheese mix, and perhaps a little bbq sauce on the inside

i've got 8 of these going right now. it's the first time this year i've fired up my smoker, so i am a little behind on the timetable, but by the smells i am getting it should be worth it. prepared pretty much as described above except i brushed on a thin layer of mustard on the outside before sprinkling rib on. mrs. taz wants them non-smoked, so her two are in the oven at the same temperature.
will report on results!

these things were great! once i got the method of rolling and sealing down, it was easy to do. i think the mustard brush before the rub and bacon wrapping helped develop a "bark" on the outside with no mustardy taste later on. smoke penetration was exceptional.

turned out i had no BBQ sauce in the fridge and it was a little late to be making one, so i simply brushed oc ketchup (catsup?) the last half-hour or so. i pulled them off just as the hot dogs plumped enough to open the whole thing up a tiny bit. results were very good indeed!

FYI - i used schwan's old-fashioned weiners for this. results with those were not too good. while the flavor of the weiners was really good, the texture was rather tough and chewy. usually these weinters are great on their own but perhaps with this cooking method it just didn't work. i think the biggest problem was that being inside the burger wrap, the skins didn't have an opportunity to "crisp up."

other than that, this was too good not to do again!

unfortunately, no pix, so it never happened - i'll just have to do it again, i guess!

Great job. Hadn't thought to smoke these. Usually cook in foil then crisp up on grill. Found this (very similar anyway) recipe on tailgating.com couple of years ago. Lots of good recipes on that site. Points to you, sir.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky