Bacon wrapped tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

missourismoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Hartsburg, MO
Son got his first deer this year and so far it has been excellent. Did a bacon wrapped tenderloin last night. Every bit as good as the filet I cooked for my wife. Slowly working on her resistance to deer meat…ha ha.
C7745F7E-1492-4164-8987-27C951B4273D.jpeg
03683A7E-B6BB-4BD8-82E8-16689017E787.jpeg

Wow, that looks perfect! If you’re going to get someone to eat venison, I don’t think there is a better way! Congrats on your sons first deer!

Nothing like a little bacon wrapped free range all organic meat. Thats looks excellent.
Jim

Wow, phenomenal job on that venison… cooked to perfection!

Also, congrats to your son… that is awesome!

Thanks guys!

this was my first cook with venison tenderloin. I just smoked it until about 130 IT and then went direct flame for 30 sec or so per side to make the bacon crispy. Curious to see what the preferred method you guys use for venison. I was paranoid about drying it out so I felt like I could control that better this way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky