Bacon Wrapped Meatloafsomething

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trcheese

Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Western NY
Smoking a meat loaf is something I have wanted to try for a while. Also I have wanted to try weaving bacon. I was really surprised how easy it was to put together and even more surprised how fast it smoked. I can’t stress how surprised how fast it cooked up. I made a meat loaf mixture with 2 lbs of beef. But split the into 2-1 lbs loafs. That may where I messed up. I assumed 4 hours at 275, it took <2hrs and I was over 170. Over all they worked out and everyone loved it. Even my picky eater gave it a thumbs up. It would have been 2 but the other hand was shoveling meat loaf in his mouth. What size loafs do you usually make? What temp and time frames do you cook at?

upload_2019-3-29_13-33-20.jpeg
upload_2019-3-29_13-34-23.jpeg
upload_2019-3-29_13-33-51.jpeg

If I'm making a fatty then I use about a pound and a quarter. If I'm making a straight meatloaf then 3 pounds plus. Smoke at 250* until the internal is 160*or longer if the bacon isn't done.

Your loafs look good to me. Nicely done.
Point for sure
Chris

We just use a meatloaf pan to shape ours & it usually takes 3+ lbs. of meat.
I refrigerate it overnight so it firms up then take it out of the pan for smoking.
But any size meatloaf is gonna be good!
And yours looks delicious!!
Nice work!
Al

Looks great why 2 small 1lb not one large. I don't cook anything over 225 I'm old school.
Nice weave on the bacon.

Warren
When I made the weave it didn’t look like it would cover a whole 2lbs. I had extra bacon, because you can never have enough bacon, so I made another weave and split the meat in half.
Thanks for the tips and aculades everyone. I will try a lower heat next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky