Bacon cheeseburger pizza and calzone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Well we had our first rendezvous last week and the couple that ran the cook tent gave us a 5 pack of frozen bread dough that wasn't frozen anymore. Well even being in the fridge all week it kept popping out of its bag...so finally had time to divide it and stretched out some dough then parbaked it and froze some of it. The other 2 pieces got made into a pizza and mega calzone!

Stretched the dough out on pan then parbaked it for a bit. Started with a ketchup and mustard mix based sauce, browned hamburger with green chilis added in, sautéed onion, and bacon bits.

20210507_203414.jpg

Add some homemade pepperoni, made with mix from Owen's BBQ. Topped with smoked cheddar and mozzarella

20210507_203854.jpg

20210507_204058.jpg

Out of the oven

20210507_210536.jpg

Sliced pic on the fine China!

20210507_210750.jpg

The calzone was basically the same minus the pepperoni. Out of the oven and a sliced pic

20210507_212011.jpg

This thing was huge! Leftover piece still filled the plate

20210508_184539.jpg

Of course we needed a side of onions with ranch and salt

20210507_211102.jpg

Those onions came from our wild onion patch that started about 15 years ago. We had a partial bag of yellow onions that went bad, so we threw them out with garbage and put them in burn barrel. Over time the burn barrel rusted in half and fell over onto the cement. Over the years there were hogs and sheep raised here and eventually these onions started growing. After about 10 years they actually made it onto the lawn

20210508_181751.jpg

That's about it for this one so thanks for stopping by! And remember to smile! Who knows, you might even make someone's day. If nothing else, it will make them wonder what you're up to!

Ryan

Looks very good nice use of that bread.

Looks very good nice use of that bread.
Thank you! It really hit the spot! Last time we had frozen bread dough out my wife was gonna make cinnamon rolls but I talked her into a deep dish pizza that turned out awesome! Thanks to help from some members here I can make a pretty good pizza dough but when tired this works well also.

Ryan

Man what’s not to like about that pizza and calzone! Love the green onion and ranch. I do the same with wings instead of celery.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice work Ryan . All looks great . I buy store bought dough and let it ride in the fridge for a week or so . Good stuff.
So true about a smile or positive comments .

Man what’s not to like about that pizza and calzone! Love the green onion and ranch. I do the same with wings instead of celery.
Thank you! Funny thing is we have tried growing the green onions in garden without much luck. But grow on cement in an inch or two of 20 year old dirt and manure with no help... no watering, fertilizer or weeding. But get a bit strong come mid summer.

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Nice work Ryan . All looks great . I buy store bought dough and let it ride in the fridge for a week or so . Good stuff.
So true about a smile or positive comments .
Thanks Rich! I appreciate it! You're one that really has helped me with making pizza dough...maybe soon I can get back to it. Been too busy lately but try to remind myself that no matter how bad of a day I think I might be having, there might be someone else that's having a worse one. So maybe a smile just won't hurt!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
That’s my favorite food group. Nicely done

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky