Baby back ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Just another perfect rack of baby back ribs. Punching ‘em out like it’s not a problem now. These had a perfect bite.

I’m gonna need a new challenge I guess. Already got turkey, chicken, ribs and pork butt down. Brisket isn’t too bad but still needs work.

Maybe I should smoke a prime rib? 🤔

78238C99-B7A8-471E-8A9C-080CC317F269.jpeg

AB1CBE62-669A-4B1C-B468-41D8C1C3D451.jpeg

ACF4B12F-B721-4B50-9A8E-87DE1261DF02.jpeg

I'm gonna say the obvious- spares.

If you're a fan of baby backs, I'm guessing you're also a fan of spares that still have some pull/tooth/bite/chew left in them. You'll have a lot of fun and a lot of trial and error trying to get that just right; no unrendered sinew but not fall-off-the-bone, either.

Enjoy

Using sodium nitrite (cure#1) with salt and seasoning to make buck board bacon (BBB) out of pork butt and corned beef from brisket.
Possibilities are endless. I haven't purchased Canadian bacon (loin ham) in years.

Reactions: Hamdrew
Sorry, got distracted by a long phone call to finish the conversation.
Great post Hamdrew Hamdrew

Wet brined pork loin that I tied before smoking on the pellet pooper and a smoke tube loaded with hickory pellets.
smoking.jpg

Important part of cured and smoked meat is bagging and resting for many days to let everything equalize

bagged.jpg

The fun part is eating your hand made meat.
I give away most of my cured pork loin.
Wife has a coworker that gives us farm fresh free range chicken and duck eggs. I give her loin bacon.
These are couple of those chicken eggs on top of the loin bacon. Duck eggs would spill over the sides

plated.jpg

prime rib is a great idea. or a tri tip if you can get one. where you live. I like both ver medium rare - so if you do as well - watch the internal temps close. TT i like reverse seared. = smoked then seared on a hot CI skillet, hot grill or an actual torch.

Briskets took me some practice to dial in. started with flats, then found the full packer and never looked back.

other ideas = whole chicken spatchcocked and brined. Turkey breasts are fun too. lots of options.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky