Baby back on MES40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbruski

Original poster
Jul 29, 2016
Pa
So this is really the first time using my smoker, I just received it Asa gift.
After doing some reading I was going to do a 2-2-1 at 225. Any thoughts?
Also how often should I refresh the wood chips in the MES?
Thanks for any advice! Cheers!

So this is really the first time using my smoker, I just received it Asa gift.
After doing some reading I was going to do a 2-2-1 at 225. Any thoughts?
Also how often should I refresh the wood chips in the MES?
Thanks for any advice! Cheers!
Aside from when you stop seeing the thin smoke, you will notice that the chips are burned up & not smoldering anymore by looking in the chip slide/chute.

Maybe hit those ribs with about 4-6 oz of something moist when you foil them. I like a combo of squeeze butter, Pepsi, apple juice & honey, but use your imagination. When I foil, I like to use pans & just foil over the top after adding my liquid. At that point, I tend to flip them over, meat side down.

Reactions: jbruski
Tumbleweed has you covered.  2-2-1 at 225 should be great for baby backs.  I usually add apple juice when I foil.

Mike

Yeah spot on! Not bad for my first time. Thanks for help guys I appreciate it. Cheers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky