Awesome Ribs for the CCRBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickbailey

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
I hosted a BBQ not too long ago, we named it the CCRBQ, as we listened to pure CCR for the duration. I figured i'd show you all what came out.

The ribs were great, people said they were better than soem restaurante ribs they've had. I used a spicy and sweet rub and mop and it worked real well. (I also did two Beer Can chickens, which also turned out well)

All I know is that I certainly did not make enough as they were gone almost as soon as I put them out.

I also have to toss this photo in as it just completely cracks me up as I see it. My friends think i'm messed because i'm 18 and spend most of my time and money BBQing.

We're thinking of having a Rushbeque (pure Rush for the BBQ) in mid August, if we follow through i'll be sure to show everyone.

Congrats on the cook! Nice pic of you with your hand up that chicken's butt... Now that you have the bug, your Q should be better than any restaurant, as you will take more time and care when cooking your meals. Now all you need to do is go on the circuit. Then you will really know how crazy your friends think you are...

Excellent work, Nick! Looks like everything came out perfectly. I am both impressed and very pleased to see someone so young perform our beloved craft with such success! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Brian

Way to go Nick,

That's some good looking Q.

I especially like the "Service Experts" shirt. I used to be service manager for our local branch a few years ago.

Good luck with your RushBQ. Be sure and turn it up so the neighbors can hear. 8) They may be old but I bet they can dig Rush. :D

And just wait 'til the single gals in his area learn that he can cook! :shock: Then it will be poor Nick "running for them thar hills", unless of course he WANTS to be caught! 8) :P

Thanks all. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one. Next BBQ i'll more than likely just do pure ribs, as I like those much more. Although sometime in the future I am going to look into doing a brisket and some beef jerky, so i'll take a look around the forums for some ideas on those.

Atta boy! I also love a nice cigar while the smoker is going. Cigar smoking is actually what "got" me into smoking meat in the first place. I met another guy who was a cigar smoker and he also had a BBQ business. One thing led to another, and voila! Another hobby!

The ribs and chicken look awesome.

I hear having a RushBQ will always turn out a better product. Carress of steel is the tune to play to that smoker :lol: .

Party on!!!

Brian

I have one roomate who helps me with the Smoking, the other one I dont trust with a microwave his girlfriend is just as bad.......... But we usually listen to some New Orleans Zydeco while we smoke and or BBQ, ive only done one big smoke but have discovered that smoking meat is a drinking mans sport. LOL

i will check him out........ I use napster and have my PC hooked to my intercom radio system, so I turn the outside speakers and the speakers in the kitchen on and we go to town

Hi Midwestcop, Yer right, smoking meat is a drinking sport, It's up there with fresh water fishing. Takes time and patience. When I'm about to do a long smoke the wife brings out the wireless speakers and tunes to the internet radio for some blues. We are big blues fans, we went on a southern trip found the old highway 51, Cross roads, Dockery Farm and got some great pics. At some point we plan on making another trip to the south.

Joe

Hey Nick,

Glad to see your still checking things out. :D Got to talking to my son about Rush today and ended up downloading Tom Sawyer, Free Will, Working Man and Spirit of the Radio to listen to on our drive to work tomorrow 8) . Hadn't thought about Rush in a while.

Joe, If you come down this way and don't let me know, I'm gonna come up there and kick your yankee a-, :oops: oh, wait a minute, thats what started all the trouble last time aint it? :D

Rodger,
You'll be the first to know when I show up on your door step looking for Q. If yer cooking it, I'll smell it. You mean to tell me that Ya'll don't like yankees down there? Notice how I am keeping "politics" outta this.

Joe

Hey Brother,
Course I know you love us as we do love the south as well. After all what is baseball if there were no Red Sox <they're breaking my heart again> But hey, It's only a game, right? The planked salmon thing I have had in the past but never made it.

Joe

Hey I like CCR too, dont get me wrong, you probably like "The Band" "The Allman Brothers", and "The Marshal Tucker Band" as well, there about the same genre

Oh yeah and as far as the baseball comment goes.......... GO CARDINALS!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky