• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Auber 1510 Calibration ?

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Just got done putting my new high temp element connectors on and decided to flip my burner.
Heated it up to 225° which it held steady. Had my Inkbird in beside it and was 5° lower temp than PID was showing. Bumped to 235° same thing, Inkbird was 230°. I know I can compensate for it but was wondering if the Auber can be calibrated?
Probe is kinda permanently stained/smoked, would that make any difference?
20201016_175554.jpg
20201016_175511.jpg

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Yes . You can set the temp offset . I think the code is 155 but I'll have to check .
I did mine when I first got it , but used a TP-08 . My Ink Bird is 2 degrees low . Reads 210 in boiling water .

Access code is 155 to adjust temp read out .
Factory setting will read 0 . Adjust + or - the number you need .

Last edited:

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Unable to locate my literature on this right now. Will have to look again tomorrow and try to set. There maybe an online manual available so I can figure out what I need to get into.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Will verify with additional thermometer also before adjusting

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Yes . You can set the temp offset . I think the code is 155 but I'll have to check .
I did mine when I first got it , but used a TP-08 . My Ink Bird is 2 degrees low . Reads 210 in boiling water .

Access code is 155 to adjust temp read out .
Factory setting will read 0 . Adjust + or - the number you need .
Wondering... did you check inkbird in boiling water ?? Why not check Auber in boiling water ??
chopsaw chopsaw , thanks. Gonna do some testing this afternoon. Thanks for manual link.

JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 , I thought about that last night also. Probably take glass of ice water out, and then pan of boiling water just to make sure.

old sarge old sarge , thanks . Have Checked into this previously.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
. Gonna do some testing this afternoon.
Turn on the Auber
Press and hold set
It should flash lock , then display 0
enter 155 then push set
It should display SC then 0
enter the value of the temp offset using the plus or minus .
Push set . Cycle off and back on .
If you go back into 155 it should read the new value you entered .
There are other adjustments in there too . Power percentage out , temp unit C/F . Some other stuff .
It will scroll thru each time you hit set . I just cycle mine off then on when I finish .

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Turn on the Auber
Press and hold set
It should flash lock , then display 0
enter 155 then push set
It should display SC then 0
enter the value of the temp offset using the plus or minus .
Push set . Cycle off and back on .
If you go back into 155 it should read the new value you entered .
There are other adjustments in there too . Power percentage out , temp unit C/F . Some other stuff .
It will scroll thru each time you hit set . I just cycle mine off then on when I finish .
Is the plus going to be for lowering the Auber temp beings that is showing hotter than Inkbird, or am I thinking backwards ?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Is the plus going to be for lowering the Auber temp beings that is showing hotter than Inkbird, or am I thinking backwards ?
If the Auber reads out 200 , and the therm says 195 you would use the minus on the Auber to bring down to match the therm . Minus 5 .

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice . I had a small cured flat going in mine . I threw a couple therms in just to check chamber temp . Nothing was even close . Auber set to 250 . Ink bird showed 260 , TP-08 showed 270 .
Need to check the Auber in some boiling water .

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.