Atomic buffalo turds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

low&slow

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 10, 2007
Arlington, TX
I forgot who I copied this recipe from, but whoever you are THANK YOU!! They were deeeeeeeeeeeeeelish. The whole family loved them.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I love those damn things. Easy going down today, maybe not so much tommorrow. Oh well, thats why they make cottonelle!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

Yep, I cant hardly wait for 2011 to get here. And I'm in the trophy, plaque, buttons, ribbons, etc... business. It'll be a good year for me.
You know I live about 1/2 mile down the road from that new stadium. Perfect spot for a pre-game barbecue
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
. Yall will have to look me up when ya get here.

Those look great! I made some last weekend and they were a big hit. I used creme cheese, lemon juice, green onion, garlic powder, S&P and a bit of cumin. I should have taken pics! I kept them whole, but I didn't get the cheese all the way down. Maybe next time I cut them in half..

I also made some last weekend ... I used cream cheese in half and Monterey Jack in the rest .... both good!
....used the same method ... cut lengthways, wrapped in a whole strip of bacon .... major Yum!
icon_smile.gif

They sure do look tastey, and I agree they are addictive. I always manage to squeeze them in some how. Thanks for the pic's.

I forgot who I got the recipe from. It was somebody from the SMF
Whoever you are, thank you again.
Heres the recipe I copied from them.

Atomic Buffalo Turds

12 fresh Jalapeños
8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 C finely grated sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp dry onion
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp barbecue rub
1 lb bacon, thin cut

Wearing gloves, cut jalapeños in half, remove stem, seeds, and white ribs. Mix cream cheese, grated cheddar, dry spices, rub, and honey. Fill jalapeño halves with cheese mixture, then wrap each in a slice (or half slice, if using smaller jalapeños) of bacon.

Light 1/2 chimney of Kingsford and assemble smoker with empty water pan. Add 1-2 chunks of fruit wood (apple or cherry) and adjust vents to achieve 300*F at grate. Smoke at 300F for 30 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown. Serve and eat!

Thanks for posting the recipe! I know what else I'll be smokin' this weekend...

that's what I'm going to do with them
half a bell pepper and mix in my jalapeno and some other peppers
with it in the cheese mmmmm,mmmmmmm
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

a variation- mom used to make in the pressure cooker a thing called pocupines- burger balls w/ rice in venison marinade & mushroom soup(ad 1/2 cup rose wine or beer)- stuffed into hollowed bells, steamed - i think the same thing smoked w/ smoked cheddar or grated smoked parm. cheese or swiss over the top ground w/ bread crumbs (i may have to do this mem day) would be awesome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky