Aspen wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hoosier1989

Original poster
Jun 20, 2021
Has anyone smoked with quaking Aspen? I love the way it smells when I split it. But it seems kinda sappy like pine.

Never smoked anything with quaking Aspen.

Does smell good when burning, but my experience it burns fast. If we wanted a warm tent during our hunting trips we had to stoke the fire very frequently.

I will stick to fruit & hard woods.

Has anyone smoked with quaking Aspen? I love the way it smells when I split it. But it seems kinda sappy like pine.
It is an extremely light smoking wood. Care should be taken to make sure it is dry and seasoned, but is not a sappy wood at all. I gave up on it because it burns very fast produces low heat and very faint smoke. But yes you can cook with it. Cottonwood as well (large leaf).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky