Asparagus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

Gonna do the Asparagus again as I really enjoyed the stalks I tasted. Could someone help me with the time at 250? Bout half an hour?

Family favorite. Just skip the pine nuts.

I love them and make like this, I blanch them then shock them in ice water with a lemon squeezed in it to stop the cooking and the lemon for taste and it keeps them from oxidizing/ turning dark green. This way they still are nice and crisp are they come out of the broiler. I love when the pignoli/ pine nuts get toasted...then I finish them off with the best balsamic or a balsamic reduction and olive oil you can find , fresh cracked black pepper and shaved Asiago or Pecorino Romano cheese and some shaved raw red onion. I blanch them so the stay nice and crisp, nothing worse than mushy asparagus or any vegetable really.

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky