Asado de Chile Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic piece of work Jeff, absolutely off the charts, Like! Grats on the ride, well deserved. RAY

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Jeez Jeff, we have all seen you turn out some amazing meals but I gotta tell you buddy, I'd put this one right at the top with the best of the best. Absolutely stunning presentation and one can only guess the flavors were off the charts. Very well done my friend and congrats on a much deserved ride on the carousel.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!

Did I say YES!

I'll have to go back and re-read it to make sure but I'm thinking YES...you did in fact say YES :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Phenomenal!
Seems like a lot of work but that's what it takes to make good "South Of The Border" stuff.
You all are going to make me look into one of these Blackstone things.
How did you come up with it, a recipe or just bottomless knowledge?
Big Like and Thumbs Up!

Wow now that's creative for sure !
And I bet the aroma was amazing with those flavors ! Great cook
Insane! BIG like on that one, wow, I can smell and taste it through your pics! Great work, beautiful, thank you for sharing!
Holy Moly! That's freaking amazing!! Great job!
That looks awesome Jeff! The colors just pop, and I can only imagine the aroma and taste that goes with it! Great job as always!

Ryan
Looks great Jeff. Very close to my carne adovada sauce. Flavor town for sure. The smell fills the whole house and makes you hungry.
YES YES YES!!!!!!!

Did I say YES!
Looks amazing! I am smelling my phone screen right now!
Good lord Jeff. That must taste fabulous!
Looks great, all pictures very vivid. It all sounds amazing

David
Holy cow! That is a great looking meal. And the presentation is out of this world.
Jim
Holy cow!!
That looks delicious!
Al
Looks great Jeff .
Love chile Colorado, your's looks great.
Very nice, we love Mexican food and that looks phenomenal!
Fantastic piece of worj Jeff, absolutely off the charts, Like! Grats on the ride, well deserved. RAY
Jeez Jeff, we have all seen you turn out some amazing meals but I gotta tell you buddy, I'd put this one right at the top with the best of the best. Absolutely stunning presentation and one can only guess the flavors were off the charts. Very well done my friend and congrats on a much deserved ride on the carousel.

I'll have to go back and re-read it to make sure but I'm thinking YES...you did in fact say YES :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Looks amazing!! WOW!
Thank you all for the kind words and compliments. It was probably my favorite meal of the year as I really love Mexican flavors. That red sauce comes in handy for many things.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
This plates looks so good, I want to go pick it up at a bar...and not order, I want to be like, "if you come home with me my mouth and tongue will caress you like you've never been caressed before." Can you go into more details on this cheddar shell, how did you get this? Are those radishes on top? Did you picked whatever the radish thing is? What's your crema. I want to recreate this to a tee. One of the most stunning dishes I've seen.
The cheddar shells are made in the oven. Sprinkle circles of fine shredded cheddar on a greased parchment paper on pan. Bake at 400F until the edges brown. Fill it and work quickly with spatulas to fill and roll. This is a recipe I have modified a few times to my own taste. Toast the chili’s but don’t burn. Simmer them in the broth for about 20 minutes but do not boil. If you burn or boil them they get a bit bitter. Sauté the onions while you are simmering the chiles. Add the chiles, onion and broth to a blender to make your basic red sauce. Brown the cubed pork or beef and add to the pot of sauce along with your spices. Simmer for 3 hours until meat is tender. I add the sweetener, salt, peanut butter and splash of vinegar at the end. Don’t laugh to much about the screaming on the Mickey Mouse pad, wife got a bu h of those for free and they make great scratch pads until I can get things typed up. You can use a corn starch slurry at the end to thicken if desired. I thickened a bit with xanthan to keep it keto.
C1ACF9A3-99B1-413D-8932-98B619050926.jpeg

Reactions: 73saint
That looks great! I love S.W./Mex food. Will be getting stuff together for Pozole Rojo...JJ
I will keep an eye out for that JJ, sounds tasty!
Oh yeah! Right up my alley. Looks delish. Pork butt on sale for .87 this week. Hmm
man $0.87 / lbs!! Stock up time
Phenomenal!
Seems like a lot of work but that's what it takes to make good "South Of The Border" stuff.
You all are going to make me look into one of these Blackstone things.
How did you come up with it, a recipe or just bottomless knowledge?
Big Like and Thumbs Up!
If you get a Blackstone it won’t be long before you wonder how you got by without one. Like many of my dishes it started with a couple recipes I found that I merged and then cooked to taste to make it my own. I’ve tweaked this sauce a few times.

Reactions: SmokyMose
Going flavor town from south of the border today. Rich spicy Asado de Chile Colorado with a double cheese and onion enchilada. I used the Blackstone griddle to toast the arbol and guajillo chiles, sauté the onion and brown a cubed 10 lbs pork butt. Peppers simmered in chicken broth and then blended with the onion and broth for the amazing red sauce. Cumin, garlic, Mexican oregano, smoked paprika , bay leaf, sea salt , a little touch of peanut butter and a tiny splash of vinegar round out the flavors. Simmered for a few hours until the pork was melt in your mouth tender. Enchilada is 100% cheddar shell filled with shredded pepper jack and onions. One of my all time favorite meals. Thanks for looking. View attachment 513598View attachment 513599View attachment 513600View attachment 513601View attachment 513602View attachment 513603View attachment 513604View attachment 513605View attachment 513606View attachment 513607View attachment 513608View attachment 513609View attachment 513610View attachment 513611
👏

jcam, one of these days I'm gonna bite a chunk outta my monitor before I realize what I'm doing when looking at one of your posts. :emoji_smile:

• Haha
jcam, one of these days I'm gonna bite a chunk outta my monitor before I realize what I'm doing when looking at one of your posts. :emoji_smile:
Lol thanks so much!! I see a lot of posts from folks that have me tempered to lick my screen.

This looks tremendous. We used to have a sauce almost identical to this with ground venison when I was a kid.

Amazing! I've been gone a lot lately but I sure am glad I didn't miss this one. Absolutely beautiful dish and I am certain it tasted even better than it looked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky