Arrrgh! My MES 40 burst aflame...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I've swapped out regular outlets inside my house and I've also replaced an interior GFI outlet but I've never swapped a regular outlet for a GFI. If I choose to do this I'd really have to read up on the proper way to wire the new outlet.
daRicksta They all hook up the same way. the back of the outlet tells what color wire goes were.

daRicksta They all hook up the same way. the back of the outlet tells what color wire goes were.
Yep. The only difference is the inner workings of the outlets. The install is the same (so long as it is currently a grounded outlet which most are)

Did you upgrade the wire gauge before soldering? Those connector wires are pretty thin. "Stranded" too I think. If and when the next failure happens, I'll splice on a heavier gauge wire and then solder directly to the lugs (if they haven't corroded). 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky