Argentinian Chorizo / Bratwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
I decided to make more sausage on Saturday - I saw an Argentinian Chorizo recipe I wanted to try, and a coworker at my new company likes the brats I made, so he ordered a gang of them.

I altered the Chorizo recipe and added Cilantro to the mix. It added a good "herbaceous note" to the final product.

I added pepperjack cheese to half of the brats. This was a special request, and while I wouldn't have normally added cheese to this sausage, I like how they turned out, and will definitely do it again.

And a recommendation to anyone in need of a vacuum packing solution... I ordered the "Meat" vacuum chamber sealer 2 weeks ago when it was on sale. I am very impressed with the quality and performance of the unit. It is a large capital invesent, but with the amount of vacuum packing I do it was well worth it, if only for the reduced cost of the bags. It is a joy to use.
20220813_160622-picsay.jpg
20220813_172654.jpg
20220813_191837-picsay.jpg
20220814_094533-picsay.jpg
20220814_094533-pics.jpg
20220814_121223-picsay.jpg

I altered the Chorizo recipe and added Cilantro to the mix

That's a great set up you have there. And the sausages look great also

The chorizo brought me here , what makes them Argentinian. I would be interested in the difference as I like to make Mexican Chorizo.

Thanks

David

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
That's a great set up you have there. And the sausages look great also

The chorizo brought me here , what makes them Argentinian. I would be interested in the difference as I like to make Mexican Chorizo.

Thanks

David

The name? Lol...

It's a combo of pork, beef and bacon. The seasoning was simple... Salt, black pepper, a ton of garlic and my addition of Cilantro. Oh, and red wine... For "authenticity" I used an Argentinian Cabernet.

This sausage is eaten as "choripan". The sausage is grilled over coals and eaten on a roll with chimicurri.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Ha Ha the name. Got me there

Sounds good. So you make them as fresh , no Cure#1 in them at all
Guess I was thinking maybe a list of what you use , Thanks.

They look great, much heat to the chorizo, mine does not just good flavor, with a tang of vinegar

Thank you

David

Last edited:
Reactions: bacon_crazy510
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky